Project Background & Goals:
Dr. Jennifer Jo is the founder of the Sensory Processing and Emotion Regulation Program at Duke University, and the Managing Director of SENetwork. Currently, the official website for SENetwork is run through a free platform called Weebly. Given its limitations, the goal is to move the entire website from Weebly onto a new WordPress site, customized to client specifications.
It is for this purpose that Luminari Studio is submitting a proposal.
We believe we can effectively meet and exceed all of the goals typical of a migration from another platform to WordPress:
- Refinement and restructuring of the website – Overall refinement of the design through WordPress, in keeping with any and all present branding specifications.
- Design development – We offer many additional design and structural elements the current site does not have, including a larger featured front page slider, and other graphic elements.
- Website optimization – This will include, but is not limited to, SEO Optimization, speed optimization, and social media integration.
- Blog – Jennifer has indicated a desire to have a blog developed on the WordPress site with social media sharing controls (photo selection), in addition to an RSS feed others may subscribe to and use to broadcast her content.
The following are suggestions to be incorporated into the practical structure and aesthetic vision for this project:
- Strong visual branding
- The installation of a brand new theme that has ongoing support
- Optimized structure/framework across the entire website, refining areas and menus and page formatting as-needed
- Copywriting refinement throughout and content-shaving when necessary
- Fortify the overall structure of the website with plugins designed to secure and optimize its use (caching, SEO, etc)
- The installation and configuration of any needed plugins
In short, maintaining cohesion, sophistication, readability, ease of navigation, while updating the scope of the site to properly translate Jennifer’s business is our primary goal in this project.
This website can be modified to fit any specifications required. Whether it’s finding a new background, or changing graphic elements in the featured slider to reflect new products and developments, Luminari Studio is ready to accommodate the requirements of this website’s overall aim.
In addition to customizing any and all required design elements, Luminari Studio is well-versed in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and will modify the website in ways that will not only make it more Google-friendly under search terms it may have not been recognized under before, but will create a social media custom sharing feature along with other available options to optimize the speed and usefulness of the site itself, and how visitors interact with it.
Elements omitted in this working proposal, can easily be modified and added upon request — and fully integrated into the design.
Basic Package – Website migration from Weebly to WordPress, including basic design, SEO, and structure (up to 20 internal pages): $750 USD*
Upgrade Package – Website migration from Weebly to WordPress, including basic design, SEO, and structure (20-40 internal pages), plus one additional custom plugin (ie: social media integration upgrade, appointment booking, customized gallery): $1200 USD*
Deluxe Package – Website migration from Weebly to WordPress, including design upgrades, SEO, and structure (20-40 internal pages), one additional custom plugin (ie: social media integration upgrade, appointment booking, customized gallery), plus eCommerce setup (via WooCommerce) : $2500 USD*
Optional upgrades include (but are not limited to): password protected content, custom graphic elements, and logo design: Please request an upgrade quote
*Revisions are included
About Luminari Studio | Philosophy and Distinction:
Design, in essence, should be invisible. It should draw attention to what it aims to sell, rather than the aesthetic choices a designer has made.
Through careful consideration of your project, Luminari Studio intends to do just that. To give your brand, product, or website the attention it deserves while remaining invisible. Employing the use of carefully selected imagery and classic typographic design, we believe we can give each client exactly what is needed to present themselves in the best, most effective way possible.
Luminari Studio exists to assist you in getting your project noticed. We are here ready to work as your design consultants, artists, advertisers and marketers. Working with our clients, we apply our experience, skills, and knowledge of design theory and practice, leaving you with the freedom to focus on the rest.
Working with Luminari Studio, you can be assured of:
- A trained, knowledgeable designer
- Quality, clean, focused, professional design
- A seamless development and design process
- Targeted, cost effective solutions to your project needs
Luminari Studio adheres to the following design process:
- Understanding (project review)
- Planning (identifying needs and possible solutions)
- Designing (creating the most effective designs to meet those needs)
- Producing (choosing a final design and building the project)
- Reviewing (analyzing final project to determine if identified needs were met effectively)